Now that summer is officially here what better way to kick it all off, than with the best of the seasons brights, prints, and show- stopping makeup. Summer makeup should be simple. Focus on one feature and let that stand out while keeping the rest of your look subdued.
1. Givenchy Terre Exotique Healthy Glow Powder 2. YSL Kiss & Blush in Fuchsia Desinvolte 3. MAC Eye Shadow Moody Blooms 4. Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle in Guava/Moonstone 5. Marc Jacobs Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer in Mandarin Orange 6. Dolce & Gabbana Lengthening Mascara 7. Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes in Turquoise
Tagged with: becca beach tint shimmer soufflé
, bright colours
, christopher kane
, dolce and gabbana
, emilia wickstead
, floral prints
, givenchy healthy glow powder
, mac eyeshadow
, makeup forever aqua eyes
, makeup how to
, marc jacobs nail lacquer
, Mary Katrantzou
, Summer makeup
, ysl kiss and blush
Posted in RUNWAY TRENDS
When blending eyeshadow through the crease of a shallow eye lid, have the person look down rather than close so you can see the natural shadow of the socket line.
Tagged with: asain models
, asian eyes
, dolce and gabbana
, eye makeup
, eye shadow
, makeup tip
, socket line
, Xiao Wen Ju
Posted in HOW TO
The Anastasia Contour Kit is all you need to create a completely sculpted face. The kit contains 3 matte shades suitable for shading light to medium-deep skin tones. Two of the highlighting shades are matte the third has a shiny finish. I particularly enjoy the matte yellow shade its the perfect under eye highlight for my skin tone.
The palette is also quite lightweight making it portable for your makeup kit. Another handy feature, the shadows pop out and are refillable once they’re done.
The gorgeous Malika Firth in Porter magazine.
There are as many different wedding makeup varieties as there are brides. In my experience most women want to look like an improved version of themselves, rather than someone their future husband can’t recognize.
Here are my top tips for a gorgeous bride:
1. Skincare is everything. A good skincare regime leading up to the day should include a weekly exfoliator, and daily serum that helps keep skin smooth, hydrated and glowing.
2. Foundation to even out skin tone and a good concealer to cover imperfections is of course a must-have. As with any makeup the perfect base lays the ground work for the entire look. Armani foundations look flawless and photograph beautifully.
3. Weddings are long days and makeup needs to stay put. A primer for under the foundation as well as under eyeshadow will keep the makeup looking fresh and flawless with minimal touch-ups. Waterproof products like mascara, and eyeliner are also essential.
YSL Top Secrets Natural Action Exfoliator/Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate/Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer/Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation/NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer/YSL Dessin Du Regard Waterproof Eyeowder Pencil /Charlotte Tilbury The Golden Goddess Palette/Makeup Forever Aqua Smoky Lash Waterproof Mascara/Tom Ford Bronzing Powder/Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo
Tagged with: bridal makeup
, charlotte tilbury eyeshadow palette
, dewy skin
, flawless skin
, giorgio armani lasting silk foundation
, glowing skin
, hourglass nude lipstick
, kiehls midnight recovery
, makeup forver aqua smoky lash waterproof
, Makeup tips
, skin prep
, smash box photo finish primer
, Summer Wedding
, tom ford bronzing powder
, wedding makeup
, YSL gomage exfoliator
, YSL water proof eye pencil
Posted in HOW TO
Any makeup artist will agree a good collection of concealer and colour correctors is an absolute must-have in your kit. A variety of warm and cool shades in a cream texture are incredibly versatile for use as foundation, concealer, and for contouring.
Makeup Artist Wendy Rowe created the wearable yet cool look at the Spring 2014 Burberry Show. Recreate the dewy complexion by prepping skin with a hydrating serum like Shu Uemura Dep Sea Hydrability. Sculpt and highlight to add dimension to the face. A rose tone of eye shadow wrapped around the eye and blended from the lash line to the crease, and fades out towards the brow bone. Lips were kept moist with a slick of transparent pink hued gloss.
1. Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow in Mulberry 2. Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze and Glow 3. Shu Uemura #10 Kolinsky Brush 4. MAC #168 Large Angled Contour Brush 5. Shu Uemura Dep Sea Hydrability Intense Moisturizing Concentrate 6. NARS Lipgloss in Turkish Delight
Love this painterly editorial from the summer issue of i-D magazine. Makeup by Isamaya Ffrench.
Images from models.com
Like most BB creams this Body Shop version is hydrating and gives light coverage. What I really like is the colour adjusting technology because it actually does work! I have colour 3 which is the darkest. Straight out of the tube the cream is white, but as you blend into the skin the pigments change to match my skin tone. The coverage is lightweight which is perfect for summer, or you can use it as a primer underneath your usual foundation.